Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Discussion

Perch "Assets" issues

Loving the new Assets feature.

However these are a couple of bugs / questions I have found so far...

Note: Using Safari on Mac:

1. When adding new asset from a template (not the Assets app) I upload the image and it shows the spinning gif, but doesn't appear to select from the library until I save the region.

2. When using repeaters with images I click 'add another' the same image previously selected appears automatically in the next panel and I cannot change it until I click save.

Questions. How do I delete images from the Assets to keep it tidy?

James Tedder

James Tedder 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

1. When adding new asset from a template (not the Assets app) I upload the image and it shows the spinning gif, but doesn't appear to select from the library until I save the region.

When the spinner goes, does the list reload with the new asset at the top?

1. When using repeaters with images I click 'add another' the same image previously selected appears automatically in the next panel and I cannot change it until I click save.

If you click Save first, can you then add another with a new image? (That's what I'm seeing.)

Questions. How do I delete images from the Assets to keep it tidy?

As assets are reused, deleting could leave you with broken references everywhere. Perch should automatically clean up anything that's not in use.

1. When the spinner goes, the new image is not there until I save the region.

2. Yes it works if I click 'save' between each new item in the repeater. I thought the repeater was meant to allow be to add multiple regions before clicking save?

3. I ask because I have 2 images only slightly different and want to make sure the wrong one isn't selected. How quickly are they removed?

4. Can images be replaced? i.e. If I had a PDF of a bus timetable and it was used across multiple pages could I update it through the assets for all instances to be changed?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

1. When the spinner goes, the new image is not there until I save the region.

Ok, that sounds like caching. We'll see what we can do to overcome that.

1. Yes it works if I click 'save' between each new item in the repeater. I thought the repeater was meant to allow be to add multiple regions before clicking save?

Yes, it should. I just wanted to confirm the issue you were seeing was the same as the one I'd identified. I've logged it and we'll get it fixed.

1. I ask because I have 2 images only slightly different and want to make sure the wrong one isn't selected. How quickly are they removed?

There's two factors; time and undo history. One the asset is more than 24 hours old and falls out of the undo history (now 8 steps) it gets deleted.

1. Can images be replaced? i.e. If I had a PDF of a bus timetable and it was used across multiple pages could I update it through the assets for all instances to be changed?

Not yet, but that's coming soon.