Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Blog

Show a Categories list within a Blog Section

Hi,

I'm using sections to present a multilanguage blog and currently have two languages set up using Sections with slugs en and de (for the English and German language blogs).

I need to show a list of categories used within a section. So for example on the English language blog pages I need to display all categories used only within that (en) section.

I've tried the following without any luck.

<?php 
    perch_blog_categories(array(
        'section' => 'en',
        'template' => 'category_link.html',
    ));
?>

How can I display category links specific to a section?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Simon Kelly

Simon Kelly 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

What result did you get with the above?

Hi Drew,

It returns a list of all categories belonging to both sections (en and de).

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Ok, that could be a bug - it should work, I believe.

That means I don't have an immediate solution, but I will log it for when we next look at the app.

Ok, that's good to know — thanks for the quick reply.

I know you can't commit to speculative timings, but could you give me any indication at all of when you might next be looking at the app? I think my client might be ok to use a single language blog for the moment, but it would be great if I could have a rough idea of when I might be able to introduce multiple sections.

Thanks again for your help.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

We don't have a timescale for that I'm afraid. As you say we can't give speculative timings and so anything we do say is pretty much worthless as we can't commit to it. "When we next look at the app" means it's been given priority in our list which is about as much as we can commit to.

OK, thanks Rachel.