Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error

Asset chooser does not select correct bucket when uploading

Hello,

I have an amazon s3 bucket set up, and am using bucket="test" on the image tag. When I click on "select or upload an image" I am correctly presented with the images in the bucket to choose from, however when I click on "Add Asset" the bucket selected for upload is "default". If I select "By Bucket > test" in the smartbar then the upload location is correct. Can you default the upload asset functionality to the selected bucket?

<perch:blog id="image" type="image" width="770" height="476" crop="true" label="Featured Image" bucket="test" />

Perch Runway: 3.0.7, PHP: 7.1.0, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: d8daadaf41e3cd81d7c6ae96c6091fd15b2c9382 $, with PDO
Server OS: Darwin, apache2handler
Installed apps: content (3.0.7), assets (3.0.7), categories (3.0.7), perch_blog (5.5.1), perch_forms (1.9), ojl_talks (1.0), perch_mailchimp (3.1), perch_twitter (3.7)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_blog', 'perch_twitter', 'perch_forms', 'perch_mailchimp', 'ojl_talks', 'slkt_hidden_contact' // 'perch_events', // 'ojl_events', );
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /system
PERCH_PATH: /Users/oliverlowe/Sites/slkt/wwwroot/public/system
PERCH_CORE: /Users/oliverlowe/Sites/slkt/wwwroot/public/system/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /Users/oliverlowe/Sites/slkt/wwwroot/public/system/resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 128M, Max POST 128M, Memory: 256M, Total max file upload: 128M
F1: 0c66c2e1f82f9e0b7617b2cb8270f2c7
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: slkt.dev
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /Users/oliverlowe/Sites/slkt/wwwroot/public
REQUEST_URI: /system/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /system/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Oliver Lowe

Oliver Lowe 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

When you open the asset chooser, is the correct bucket selected for viewing?

It seems the correct bucket is selected initially to choose an asset from, the chooser display assets in the chosen bucket. The upload form has the "default" bucket selected by.. well... default, and not the correct bucket (test in my example above).

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I've logged it and we'll take a look for the next release.

Further to this - I think it might be as simple as the Bucket name not appear in the upload box. The image seems to be uploading to the correct bucket, it's just the UI that says "default" when you first open the upload drawer... I think....

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I think so, yes. As I say, it's logged.