Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Forms

Submitted form options

Say I have a contact form at www.company.com/contact

When the form is successfully submitted, the URL stays as www.company.com/contact, which is great. I'm wondering 2 things:

1. On some pages I would like to pass a '#' or query. I don't want a custom thank you page, I still want the default contact form thank you message to appear, but I would like to pass a query through the URL, is that possible?

2. Is it possible to set the contact form to still be viewable after a successful submission? At the moment the form gets removed and is replaced by a thank you message.

Thanks!

Anthony Di Placido

Anthony Di Placido 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

1. On some pages I would like to pass a '#' or query. I don't want a custom thank you page, I still want the default contact form thank you message to appear, but I would like to pass a query through the URL, is that possible?

Yes, you can set the ~actionattribute on the form tag, e.g.action="#foo"`

1. Is it possible to set the contact form to still be viewable after a successful submission? At the moment the form gets removed and is replaced by a thank you message.

Yes, you can do that on the success block - see the bottom of this page: https://docs.grabaperch.com/docs/form/template-tags/success/

Brilliant, thanks Drew, much appreciated!