Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

Trouble with image upload

Afternoon forum, I'm having difficulty successfully uploading images of all file types to both the live website and in the back end for branding. The images once uploaded are appearing in the perch/resources file, however they are not displaying on the site's blog. Is there a simple explanation for this I am overlooking?

Below The Fold

Below The Fold 0 points

• 7 years ago

Below The Fold, I understand it gets frustrating when things don't go as planned, but in order for us to be helpful to you we do need a better understanding of what "difficulty uploading images" means...

What is happening versus what you expect to happen. Please explain and we will do our best to help you figure it out.

Sorry yes I understand it's a little confusing from the above. My developer is away in Brazil so I'm trying to troubleshoot for a client. I suppose the easiest way to describe it is with using the branding option in the back end settings, if this is solved I imagine all the other image problems will be the same. I have attempted to 'upload a logo', used the requested client file and then only the 'missing image' icon appears, both below the upload option and to the right hand side where the branding should appear. This is the same problem we're having as with including images in blog articles and also in her portfolio

The file size is only 53kb as a .png, however I've also tried a smaller .jpg and still had no luck so assuming it is not to do with its size

Have you (right clicked) on the broken image and chose the option to open image in new tab or window? At that point you can look at the URL for the missing image. Looking at this url... is it looking for the image in the proper directory?

The problem sounds like a directory problem... but I am not sure. Could you post a URL to a blog post where the problem is happening?

I get a 403 Forbidden message when I try this, do I need to change file permissions?

403 Message is a permissions error. I would change permissions for the moment, then see what happens. Make sure your permissions are corrected after testing so you do not end up with security problem next.

Apologies for my naivety but what do you believe would be the correct permission to set it at? Would this be a change made in Perch or in our hosting provider?

Permissions are set on the server, not within Perch. What changed it recent days to break this site? Did you upgrade something (perform update)?

I have changed, and believe they were already set at 644. I'm a little lost as to where to go from here Robert, the URL for the blog page is https://www.elliemartin.co.uk/blog.php

Afraid it's not worked from the start, the site is still under development at present so I'm trying to sort this problem first before moving on with the portfolio. We had developed it locally with the images working fine, it was only after we tested it on the live URL that it begin faulting.

Ahaaa I've had luck. Images are now displaying fine throughout the site. Thanks for all your help Robert, much obliged

Below The Fold said:

Ahaaa I've had luck. Images are now displaying fine throughout the site. Thanks for all your help Robert, much obliged

If I have been of help to you the biggest thanks I can receive is for you to click on "Mark As Solution" on one of my posts.

Thanks so much.

All done, thanks again mate