Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

Duplicate assets

How do I delete an asset I've added? I can't spot anything on the CMS interface… For now, I've removed it from the /resources/ directory and deleted the rows from the perch2_resources database table.

I ended up with 2 identical assets as I added a picture to the Assets section of the CMS then went to add the picture in a textarea on one of the site's pages. I expected an asset chooser (like with the type="image" attribute in your demo video) to appear as an option but got the older options of 'file to upload' and 'image title'. Thought to go ahead and add the image to see what happened and it added the same image with a '-1' at the end of the filename to differentiate it.

I've checked I'm using the markitup editor from Perch 2.5.

Martin Underhill

Martin Underhill 5 points

• 7 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

That's right, Assets are not implemented in editors yet.

Assets are cleaned up automatically if not used in content unless they are marked as a library asset, we wouldn't advise deleting anything from a database table directly.

Gotcha. Thanks :)

I've noticed a visual bug with portrait photo uploads too– the 'Title' text overlaps the bottom of the photo: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j91hthbxwhp0qki/Screen%20Shot%202014-06-30%20at%2010.23.18%20am.jpg

It's like that in Chrome 35, Safari 7.0.4, Firefox 30 and Opera 22.

Really liking the way Assets is shaping up!

Martin.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

That's not a bug - when you hover over the title should get a background.

Oops– sorry. The background on hover thing happens. Just looks a bit broken to me before hovering. Sorry…

Rachel Andrew said:

That's right, Assets are not implemented in editors yet.

Assets are cleaned up automatically if not used in content unless they are marked as a library asset, we wouldn't advise deleting anything from a database table directly.

What is the time period for automatic clean up of assets

Found the answer Currently images will clean themselves up as they fall out of the stack. If you've just uploaded them to look at them and not used them in content they will go after 24 hours.