Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

Cannot delete blog post on windows 7/IE8 (perch 2.4.9)

Hi Drew,

Client has perch blog on windows 7/IE8. When trying to delete a post, they get the top menu on the admin screen, but the rest of the admin is blank. If they go back to the blog admin, the post has not been deleted. I have recreated this with browserstack and have a screen grab.

They're on perch 2.4.9 and blog 4.0.3.

It seems to be ok if I move to windows 8.

Any ideas?

Many thanks Jane

Jane Turnbull

Jane Turnbull 0 points

• 7 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Does this still happen with the latest versions of Perch and the Blog App?

Hi Rachel,

I have upgraded our test site to perch 2.5 and blog 4.1. The problem still exists. No deletion, and the central admin panel is blank. In addition, this time there is no top level pages navigation at all. The side panel with 'help and support' still exists, along with navigation for settings, my account etc. It is the pages/apps/assets navigation that is gone, plus the central information.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

That sounds like a JavaScript problem. Have you tried fully refreshing IE's cache?

Cleared cache/history/temp internet files etc on live browserstack server. Still have the problem. OK if I move to windows 8 though.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Ok, I'll download a VM of IE8 on Windows 7 and see if I can reproduce it. The outcome may just be that we disable some of the JavaScript as IE8 no longer receives top tier support.