Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

moving regions from one page to another

Hi, I have a page with several regions which needs to be renamed... so I think I may have to re-enter the content for each region on the renamed page. Is there a simple way to do this, or will I need to re-enter the information on the renamed page?

Charlie Elsey

Charlie Elsey 0 points

• 7 years ago

If it's just the page that needs re-named, the best way to do it (I think) is to make the regions you want to transfer over, temporarily 'shared across all regions' and then any new pages with the same perch tag will display the same info.

thanks, thought so; though think I tried that once before but got in knots when I then deleted the original page where those regions were and tried to 'unshare' the regions once more... we will see this time around!

yes you get this if you delete the original page... 'Sorry, the region cannot be unshared as the page it originally belonged to has gone.' slight grrr moment

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Sharing the regions is not the way to go.

Can you not move the page from the page options?

thanks drew, wish you'd chipped in a few minutes ago. LOL. Not sure moving the page would have worked... it was just that I had a page called indexdraft which needed to be renamed index - same content, same location. So was there a better solution for that scenario?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Yes, go into page options and change the URL, check the box to move the page to the new location. Job done.

I'll remember that next time... Thanks as ever Drew