Forum

Thread tagged as: Suggestions, Members

Reusable tags for the members app

In the Members app admin it would be good to be able to select tags from a dropdown when assigning a tag rather than typing in each time - less room for error.

Robert Sinclair

Robert Sinclair 4 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

How about the lookahead that we use in the Assets app?

The lookahead is nice but it's a little more freeform than a selection of options.

I think in the circumstance that I'd be using it the admin probably needs to be presented with options rather than beginning typing something and then being offered alphabetically relevant options.

At the moment they have a list of tags to type in, they still need that with the lookahead though it does speed things up and reduce errors.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

A predefined list suggests categories rather than tags.

Sure. I was just using the terminology of the app. Of course there's also the thing of being able to add from templates, so it's not as clear cut as say the Blog. I'm doing a big Forms and Members app melange for a site over the next week or so, I'll give it some more thought and see what crops up.

Just for the record, some predefined tags would be very helpful in the admin of the app. We already have some predefined tags in the defaults for each form, so some admin defaults doesn't feel like a big stretch.

Also the way that tags are used is more about individual members rather than across types of members. It's more about an action, expiry for instance, that is applicable to an individual.

However, something I requested before, the ability to bulk download member data from the admin end based on specific tags, IS more category-like.

Finally, being able to remove tags globally would also be pretty handy.