Forum

Thread tagged as: Showcase, Blog, Forms

Telnyx LLC Website

Telnyx LLC

Designed and built this site at the end of last year. Fully managed by perch for all text and image content, also uses the blog and forms apps for controlling those sections/regions.

Mark Heggan

Mark Heggan 1 points

• 7 years ago

Great clean design. How did you achieve the hover effect for 'Solutions' - Voice / Data / Transport / Sms - which changes bg and image colour?

Also, did you take on the project solely by yourself? Or was it a collaboration with a designer / copywriter / agency?

Nice one!

Hi Adam, thanks!

The Solutions hovers are pretty straightforward, bordered box that transitions background-colour using css, and I'd just used SVG sprites for the icon changes.

Wishing I just had have used inline-svg for the colour changes on the icon, but I'm pretty certain at the time that wasn't an option here for some reason (I can't remember right now!)

I took on the whole project, branding, design, front-end and obviously the wonderful Perch behind the scenes!

Cheers

I haven't used SVG much yet. It has found its way into some sites but I haven't defaulted to using it with icons.

Chris Coyier recently did a great video on inlining SVG on CSS-Tricks with Grunt automating the process. As I currently use mixture.io for all my preprocessing and minification I have resisted moving to Grunt, but it seems to be the way everyone is taking things at the moment.