Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Configuration

Is it possible to organize regions into folders?

Hello, I am using perch for the first time and I may not have some things clear.

Here is my situation. I don´t want to create pages and/or navigation menus with perch. Instead, I already developed a website and just want to use perch to make content editable for the client. However, I can´t organize the regions by page if I do not create an actual page, all regions are in one single folder. In other words, how can I inlcude the regions in the pages that I already have? Could it be a problem with the file paths? Is it what I am trying to do not possible with Perch?

I hope I had explained well. Thanks in advance for your help.

Miguel Corrales

Miguel Corrales 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

You shouldn't need to create the pages, just add the Perch runtime include and the regions into your page. Then refresh your page and they should show up in Perch.

Hi Drew

They show up in Perch, as you said, and everything works fine so far. I just was trying to figure out if I can organize my regions into folders to make it easy for my client to edit.

Right now all regions appear under one single folder like so:

home page ---> region1, region2, region3... etc.

What I'd like to do is to show up like this:

Home page ---> region1.

Page 2 ---> region 2, region3.

Page 3 ---> region4, region 5...

Thanks again for your help.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Yes, you can do that. Use PerchSystem::set_page() to tell Perch what you want the page to be when the region is created.

https://docs.grabaperch.com/docs/developers/working-with-front-controllers/

THANK YOU! That's what I needed. Thank you Drew!