Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Installation, Addons

Extended Diagnostics Not Displaying Fully When Twitter App Added.

When I install the twitter app the extended diagnostics stop after the apps_list array.

Perch: 2.5.2
Production mode: Production (100)
Installed apps: content (2.5.2), assets (2.5.2), perch_blog (4.1), perch_forms (1.7), perch_mailchimp (2.0.1), perch_backup (1.2), perch_twitter (3.2)
DB driver: PDO
DB tables: perch2_content_index, perch2_content_items, perch2_content_regions, perch2_navigation, perch2_navigation_pages, perch2_page_templates, perch2_pages, perch2_resource_log, perch2_resource_tags, perch2_resources, perch2_resources_to_tags, perch2_settings, perch2_user_privileges, perch2_user_role_privileges, perch2_user_roles, perch2_users
Users: 1
App runtimes:
<?php
    $apps_list = array(
        'content', 
        'perch_blog',
        'perch_forms',
        'perch_backup',
        'perch_mailchimp',
        'perch_twitter',

);

I have added the apps one at a time and narrowed it down to the twitter app and it does not seem to matter which order I add them. If I remove the twitter app files and item in array the full diagnostics report returns. I have not tried the twitter app for functionality as I am just starting to set up a new site, but was deterred from continuing when something seemed wrong with my perch install.

Greg Riley

Greg Riley 1 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

What displays under Scheduled Tasks?

"To configure tasks to run, you first need to set a secret. This is just a code word to stop tasks being run accidentally. Choose a secret (e.g. carbonara) and add it to your /perch/config/config.php file like this:

define('PERCH_SCHEDULE_SECRET', 'carbonara');

Do that now, then reload this page. Don't use carbonara."

I added the secret to config.php as the above suggests but the diagnostics continue to cut off after apps_list array

The problem is on my machine running MAMP Pro PHP 5.5.10 I have done same installation on staging server running PHP 5.3.3 and all is ok.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Anything in your PHP error log?

Yes, this every time I try to view extended diagnostics.

[03-Jul-2014 21:10:28 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function settingUpdateInterval() on a non-object in /Users/greg/Sites/techappweb/perch/addons/apps/perch_twitter/scheduled_tasks.php on line 13
Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Are you able to run a scheduled task?

I don't think so. I got this:

MacBook-Air:~ greg$ php /Users/greg/Sites/techappweb/perch/core/scheduled/run.php testsecret

Warning: include(/Users/greg/Sites/techappweb/perch/addons/apps/perch_backup/runtime.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Users/greg/Sites/techappweb/perch/core/runtime/runtime.php on line 14

Warning: include(): Failed opening '/Users/greg/Sites/techappweb/perch/addons/apps/perch_backup/runtime.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /Users/greg/Sites/techappweb/perch/core/runtime/runtime.php on line 14
Unable to create required database tables.MacBook-Air:~ greg$
Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Looks like you've added perch_backup to the apps.php list. It doesn't have any runtime functions.

Yes I had, got carried away adding them all to apps.php. Must remember to RTFM. All seems fine now and scheduled taste are showing up as expected. Thanks for your help Drew.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

No problem!