Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Error, Forms

Multiple form replies coming from site

I have been getting lots of the same form submissions from the site - there are around 10-15 of them for several different submissions. They all have the same time stamp on them so I know it is not the user sending over and over.

Is there something I can do to change this from happening.

This is for a site that we did at the start of the year using Perch 2.3.4 - this has only just started happening over the last couple of months and I would prefer not to update the whole thing if at all possible.

Thanks.

Nathan Garner

Nathan Garner 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Do you mean emails, or entries in the database? Or both, or neither? What are you actually seeing?

When I look in both the forms section in the cms and also in my inbox there are about 10 of the same submission.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Do they look like spam? Is there anything unusual about them? I'm struggling to know how to help.

No they look fine, a good concise message relevant to the page - they all look the same, just lots of them and they are in the CMS Forms App so not being delivered more that once by the mail server.

Weird.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I have no idea how or why that might occur. Do you have server access logs for the time they were submitted?

I've had a look on the server and the access-logs and logs directories are empty so not sure where to look for them.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

You might want to look at fixing that - otherwise there's no way to establish the cause of incidents like this.

Hmmm will have to look in to it - I'm not expert in that side of things so not sure how to resolve it other than removing the forms app and setting up something more manual.

Thanks

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Your host should be able to fix the logging problem.

Ok thanks I will ask.