Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem

Spaces are missing in item titles

I'm adding content to my site to test a template and check my ordering works and I'm noticing that the item titles don't have any spaces. I'm getting:

Summer2013Gertrude in summer in AliceLuke Allan

when it should be:

Summer 2013 Gertrude in summer in Alice Luke Allan

the separate fields being: Summer - 2013 - Gertrude in summer in Alice - Luke Allan

I've checked through documentation and only found this mention: If multiple fields have title=“true” set, they are concatenated together with a space to form the title.

Not sure what I've done wrong - all fields have title="true"

<div class="poem-box">
    <h1>Words for <perch:content id="poem-season" type="text" label="Insert Season" required="true" title="true" /> <perch:content id="poem-year" type="text" label="Insert Year" required="true" title="true" /></h1>

<h2><perch:content id="poem-title" type="text" label="Poem Title" required="true" title="true" /></h2>

<perch:content id="poem-in-full" type="textarea" label="Poem in Full" html="true" editor="ckeditor" />

<h3>by <perch:content id="poem-author" type="text" label="Poem Author" required="true" title="true" /></h3>

<perch:content id="slug" for="poem-title" type="slug" suppress="true" />
</div>

The first one I added ages ago did have spaces, but subsequent additions today don't and when I went to edit first addition and saved changed, the spaces between the fields disappeared.

What could be causing this?

Evie Milo

Evie Milo 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

In the region options, check the "Join title fields with" option. Make sure it contains a single space.

I hadn't spotted that option as I thought this was something automatic - adding a spce intothe box has sorted it - thanks!