Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Blog

Problem renaming blog page/slug

Hi

I've renamed the blog page on my site and updated the relevant paths in the admin, but I'm getting a 404 on the new URL, and the old one is still working!

I've changed the 'Blog post page path' in settings, and updated the 'Path' field in the index page's 'Location' tab. I didn't check 'Move the page to this location' but checking this doesn't seem to do anything when I try now.

I've tried replublishing all pages. What might I be missing?

I also have an odd issue after renaming a set of categories – the select field for 'Category' on articles is now missing.

Thanks.

Perch: 3.0, PHP: 7.0.12, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: 241ae00989d1995ffcbbf63d579943635faf9972 $, with PDO Server OS: Darwin, cgi-fcgi Installed apps: content (3.0), assets (3.0), categories (3.0), perch_blog (5.5) App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'perch_blog', ); PERCH_LOGINPATH: /admin PERCH_PATH: /Users/Jason/Dropbox/Projects/mre/admin PERCH_CORE: /Users/Jason/Dropbox/Projects/mre/admin/core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /Users/Jason/Dropbox/Projects/mre/admin/resources Image manipulation: GD PHP limits: Max upload 32M, Max POST 32M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 32M F1: 0c66c2e1f82f9e0b7617b2cb8270f2c7 Resource folder writeable: Yes SCRIPT_NAME: /admin/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php REQUEST_URI: /admin/core/settings/diagnostics/ DOCUMENT_ROOT: /Users/Jason/Dropbox/Projects/mre HTTP_HOST: dev.mre

Jason Bradberry

Jason Bradberry 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Have you re-saved your posts since changing their path?

Hi Drew.

I've just edited and saved each post, and no difference.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I didn't check 'Move the page to this location' but checking this doesn't seem to do anything when I try now.

Ah, ok, so you didn't actually move the page.

Update the location back to the old value and save. Then change it to the new value and this time check the 'move' box. This should move the page.

I've made some progress. I've changed the name of the blog folder to match the new path and that fixed the 404 on the main blog index page, but single pages still get a 404.

Ah, ok, so you didn't actually move the page.

Update the location back to the old value and save. Then change it to the new value and this time check the 'move' box. This should move the page.

Thanks Drew. I tried this and got an error: "No page file exists at that location to move."

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Yes, you've already moved the folder.

I'd suggest either letting Perch manage the paths or doing it yourself. If you try to do both things will break.

Thanks for your help Drew. All sorted now!