Forum

Thread tagged as: Suggestions

Assets Bugs / Improvements

Just a few things I've noticed.

Possible bugs:

• At the moment you can only search by full words, it would be handy to search by a part file name.

• When you click the filter by asset type dropdown, if you don't select a filter there is no way to dismiss the dropdown menu.

Request:

• It would be good to be able have a 'clear search' button on the assets search.

Keep up the good work

Toby

Creative Monster

Creative Monster 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

• At the moment you can only search by full words, it would be handy to search by a part file name.

Are you sure? Normal MySQL search rules apply, so >3 chars and the string needs to appear in <50% of the results.

I've double checked by searching for a file that I know there is only one of and using the first 7 characters of the file name and still no joy.

https://quick.as/j29yi5b0

It is a local dev version of a site though, using MAMP, could this be the issue?

Cheers, Toby

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Do you get any results with any search terms?

Only if the search term matches a full word that makes up part of the file name.

So for example a file called 'Presentation 2013' can only be discovered by searching for the full word 'Presentation'.

Thanks

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Does case make a difference?

No, case makes no difference.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I don't understand why you're seeing that. Can you show me your diagnostics report?

Shall I just paste it into this post?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Yes please.

PERCH INFORMATION

Perch: 2.5.1
Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Can you try with the current version, please?

I have updated to 2.5.2 and it's still the same.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok. I'm out of suggestions. It works well here, so I can't replicate the problem you're seeing. The best I can do is keep an eye out for it.

I have this on a live test domain now and the problem still persists if you're interested. I'm happy for you to take a look if you wish.

Thanks

Toby

UPDATE: I have now tried this on a separate install for a different domain on a different server and it's exactly the same.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I'm looking into it and will let you know.

Have the same issue with partial words not matching so I'm commenting to be able to receive email notifications.

I'd like to add a couple of suggestions to this thread if that's okay, instead of starting another:

It'd be neat if there was a way to bulk delete assets (assuming they aren't attached to a record), and also bulk move them into another bucket too. Along the same lines, it would be really useful if it were possible to see at a glance which assets are actually associated with a record and which aren't.

The only other thing I've noticed that seems a little inconsistent is that it's possible to bulk upload (via drag and drop) assets when the manager slides out from the right, but this isn't available when going to the asset tab directly (you have to upload one-by-one).