Forum

Thread tagged as: Error, Runway, Backup

Upgrade from Perch 2.8 to Runway - backup error

I just upgraded a page from Perch 2.8.x to the newest Runway, and everything went smooth with that process,

but as soon as I added buckets.php and the access token to my runway.php file, the /core/settings/backup/ just shows a 500 HTTP Error.

This is the current code in the buckets.php

<?php
    return [
        'backup' => [
                 'type'      => 'dropbox',
                 'web_path'  => '',
                 'file_path' => 'backups',
         ],
    ];

and this is the code in the runway.php section:

<?php
    'dropbox' => [
            'access_token' => 'f_Xwdju..........................',
            'handler'      => 'PerchDropbox_ResourceBucket',
            'handler_path' => PERCH_CORE.'/runway/apps/perch_dropbox/PerchDropbox_ResourceBucket.class.php',
        ],      

Have done this process on multiple pages before, but usually coming from Perch 3 before the upgrade to Runway, but I don't know if that would be a reason?

Notable mentions would be that the "old" Perch Backup app previously was installed, and still have some database tables as far as I can see. (but the app has now been deleted from server)

Diagnostics:

Perch Runway: 3.1.1, PHP: 5.6.36-0+deb8u1, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 76b08b24596e12d4553bd41fc93cccd5bac2fe7a $, with PDO
Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi
Installed apps: content (3.1.1), categories (3.1.1), assets (3.1.1)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( );
Image manipulation: GD Imagick
PHP limits: Max upload 128M, Max POST 128M, Memory: 129M, Total max file upload: 128M
Resource folder writeable: Yes

If I remove the code from the buckets.php file, the backup page works again, but I can ofcourse then not select any bucket.

Any thoughts?

Eddie Dale

Eddie Dale 0 points

• 3 years ago

I just tried adding a "normal" image bucket, and that works just fine, so it seems to just dislike the 'type' => 'dropbox',

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Have you checked the error log for the message that goes with that 500 status?

[06-Jul-2018 14:42:08 Europe/Oslo] PHP Warning:  include(xxxxxxx/perch/templates/pages/errors/404.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in xxxxxxx/perch/core/runway/start.php on line 43
[06-Jul-2018 14:42:08 Europe/Oslo] PHP Warning:  include(): Failed opening 'xxxxxxx/perch/templates/pages/errors/404.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in xxxxxxx/perch/core/runway/start.php on line 43
[06-Jul-2018 14:42:13 Europe/Oslo] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '->' (T_OBJECT_OPERATOR) in xxxxxxx/perch/core/runway/apps/perch_dropbox/vendor/tightenco/collect/src/Collect/Support/Collection.php on line 155

I guess the two warnings are not really the problem, but the last error. Any ideas there?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Thanks Drew. Good call, should've noticed the similar error :)