Forum

Thread tagged as: Installation, Addons, Gallery

Can't see example pages for gallery app -

I've succeeded in getting the back-end to display but can't see the examples. The gallery folder is inside the perch folder. I'm working on local server. Here is diagnostic display:

Perch is up to date PHP 5.5.10 is up to date MySQL 5.5.34 is up to date Image processing available SUMMARY INFORMATION

Perch: 2.5.2, PHP: 5.5.10, MySQL: 5.5.34, with PDO Server OS: Darwin, apache2handler Installed apps: content (2.5.2), assets (2.5.2), perch_gallery (2.8.5) App runtimes: <?php include(PERCH_PATH.'/core/apps/content/runtime.php'); include(PERCH_PATH.'/addons/apps/perch_gallery/runtime.php'); include(PERCH_PATH.'/addons/feathers/quill/runtime.php'); ?> PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch PERCH_PATH: /Users/apple/Sites/janicetaitlocal/perch PERCH_CORE: /Users/apple/Sites/janicetaitlocal/perch/core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /Users/apple/Sites/janicetaitlocal/perch/resources Image manipulation: GD (image sharpening disabled, #66714) PHP limits: Max upload 32M, Max POST 32M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 32M Resource folder writeable: Yes HTTP_HOST: janicetaitlocal DOCUMENT_ROOT: /Users/apple/Sites/janicetaitlocal REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/ SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php

ruth tait

ruth tait 0 points

• 7 years ago

It suddenly worked. I changed path route in <?php include('../../perch/runtime.php'); ?> a couple of times and it suddenly found the page.... I'm not sure why it was having the problem originally.

I spoke too soon... The index page shows up but none of the links work for the samples are working.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

What is not working about them?

I've put gallery folder below perch folder and I'm selecting https://janicetaitlocal/perch/gallery/; I get the index page but none of the Example pages will show when I click on them. I don't really have php capability, so can't get any further on trying to solve myself. Gallery does display at back-end though. I need to know whether the gallery app will work with the site I'm rebuilding -- which is a very old site: www.janicetait.com

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Don't put the example pages inside the Perch folder - they should go in your site, usually at the same level as the Perch folder.

okay. working now. Still don't see the difference with the examples -- cos there aren't any sample images. I suppose I have to generate some to see how the different pages work.

Thanks for responding.