Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Error

Unable to log into my Localhost Perch account

Thank you for any help in advance.

I just installed perch on my test server Localhost...did a compatibility test and passed.

I am running XAMPP on a localdrive D:

Set my Test Server on Perch Website as "localhost"

Deleted the setup folder

Setup went fine till I tried to log in for the first time...with my username and password...and this is the error I got.

"Sorry, those details are incorrect. Please try again."

I tried resetting everything even tho i just set up my username and password...and i did not receive and email in my inbox or spam.

Sorry I am new to Perch...any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you Reid

Reid Kishimoto

Reid Kishimoto 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Can you add the following to your perch/config/config.php file and let me know what is output at the bottom of the page when you try to log in?

define('PERCH_DEBUG', true);

Hi Thank you for your response. Here is what you requested.

DIAGNOSTICS: Activating via CURL {"result":"SUCCESS","latest_version":"2.3.2","on_sale_version":"2.5.2"}

DELETE FROM perch2_settings WHERE settingID='latest_version' AND userID=0 LIMIT 1

INSERT INTO perch2_settings(settingID,settingValue,userID) VALUES('latest_version','2.3.2',0)

DELETE FROM perch2_settings WHERE settingID='on_sale_version' AND userID=0 LIMIT 1

INSERT INTO perch2_settings(settingID,settingValue,userID) VALUES('on_sale_version','2.5.2',0)

stdClass Object

(

[result] => SUCCESS

[latest_version] => 2.3.2

[on_sale_version] => 2.5.2

)

Activation: success

SELECT u.*, r.* FROM perch2_users u, perch2_user_roles r WHERE u.roleID=r.roleID AND u.userEnabled='1' AND userUsername='Hoomaka78' LIMIT 1

User exists, checking password. Stronger password hash. Password failed to match.

SELECT DISTINCT settingID, settingValue FROM perch2_settings WHERE userID=0

Queries: 10

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

So it really just looks like you're not using the right password.

Well ill try and reinstall and see what my results are again. Thank you...I'll update once I do.

Drew McLellan said:

So it really just looks like you're not using the right password.

I just went through deleting and replacing my perch folder with the one from the zip file...redid the setup process twice...put in a different password...both times...and came up with the same response.

User exists, checking password. Stronger password hash. Password failed to match.

I don't know what I am doing wrong...

Thank you again for your help

ok i figured it out...apparently I cant use numbers or something in my username/password...when i took away all the caps and numbers it worked...Weird...

i used something like (not exactly) username: john password: doe

and it worked

thanks again for your help...wish there was a note that you cant use those caps and numbers.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

That's not the case, but glad you got it sorted out.