Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Forms

Forms app, Enquiry came through to admin area but not email

Hi there,

A bit of a weird one that I cant work out, and I need to explain to the client the reason. Basically we have a booking form were a user filled out. The enquiry came through to the admin area fine, but the email didn't come into the inbox.

We checked the mail logs and the spam/junk folders and there is no sign of it being blocked or rejected.

Would you guys have an idea why this would happen? Could it be a case where the user's computer had malware on it and something happened? Not really sure.

Any help would be great Thanks

Fishtank Creative

Fishtank Creative 2 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Have you tested the email settings with the address you're using?

Yes we have tested all seems to be working as it should. Most if not all enquiries comes into our CMS and inbox ok. Its just a few emails every so often comes into the CMS but not to the inbox.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

How is the form configured? Does it do anything spam-like, such as using form data in the From field?

we had the from field like this "{email}" but i've known this to cause a few issues, so now its the generic info address. I only changed this yesterday so maybe this could be the solution.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

The problem is that doing that causes the email to be sent from an address that the server isn't authorised to send email for - so it looks a lot like spam.

Hopefully by changing it to the info address fixes the problem. Thanks for the help