Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem

Collections menu option missing

Happy Monday

I have recently upgraded a client to Runway 3 but they have reported that users with the role of editor can not see 'Collections' in the side menu. Logging in with that role confirms it, there is no Collections menu option. I tried to look for it in the role privileges list for editor, but there is nothing listed to do with collections. Am I missing something obvious?! They just want their collections menu option back and they'll be all smiles.

Hope that makes sense.

Here is the diagnostic report:

Perch Runway: 3.0.8, PHP: 5.5.11, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: bf9ad53b11c9a57efdb1057292d73b928b8c5c77 $, with MySQLi Server OS: WINNT, cgi-fcgi Installed apps: content (3.0.8), assets (3.0.8), categories (3.0.8), perch_forms (1.9.1), perch_gallery (2.8.9) App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'perch_forms', 'perch_gallery' ); PERCH_LOGINPATH: /site-login PERCH_PATH: C:\_WEBSITES\xxxxxx.com\LIVE\httpdocs\site-login PERCH_CORE: C:\_WEBSITES\xxxxxx.com\LIVE\httpdocs\site-login\core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: C:\_WEBSITES\xxxxxx.com\LIVE\httpdocs\site-login\resources Image manipulation: GD PHP limits: Max upload 20M, Max POST 20M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 20M F1: 0c66c2e1f82f9e0b7617b2cb8270f2c7 Resource folder writeable: Yes SCRIPT_NAME: /site-login/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php REQUEST_URI: /site-login/core/settings/diagnostics/ DOCUMENT_ROOT: C:\_WEBSITES\xxxxxx.com\LIVE\httpdocs HTTP_HOST: www.xxxxxx.com
Michael Wilkinson

Michael Wilkinson 6 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Which privileges relating to collections do they have in the Pages section when editing a role?

Michael Wilkinson

Registered Developer

Hey Drew

Well, that's the thing. I can't see anything to do with collections in the list, under pages or anywhere. The editor role has the following set under pages:

Delete regions Edit page details Edit region options Reorder pages Add new pages Add new top-level pages Roll back regions Delete pages Delete pages they created themselves Configure page settings

I'm sure it's something easy I'm missing...

Cheers.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

What's the history of this install?

Michael Wilkinson

Registered Developer

It was originally developed on version 2.8.6, then had an update to 2.8.8, then had an update to 2.8.34, then finally to 3.0.8.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Always Runway, never Perch?

Michael Wilkinson

Registered Developer

Hi Drew

Ah...yes, I think it started life as Perch and was then upgraded to Runway when the client wanted enhancements and we wanted to use collections. The menu option was there pre version 3 though if that helps.

Thanks

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

The issue isn't a missing menu option, it's that the privileges don't appear to be available. Can you try forcing an update from the Diagnostics section of Settings?

Michael Wilkinson

Registered Developer

Ok, just done that. Same result I'm afraid.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok. Do you see any of the collection pivs in the perch3_user_privileges table?

Michael Wilkinson

Registered Developer

Unfortunately not. I have looked through other Runway sites we've done and none of them have any entries in the table for it. Most are still running Perch 2.8.34, but the 4 we have upgraded to Perch 3 have none of them either. The admins of those sites don't use the editor role so this hasn't come up for them. All a bit weird. What about making manual entries in to that table, would that help?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Sure:

INSERT INTO `perch3_user_privileges` (`privKey`, `privTitle`, `privOrder`)
VALUES
    ('content.collections.create', 'Create collections', 99),
    ('content.collections.delete', 'Delete collections', 99),
    ('content.collections.manage', 'Manage collections', 99),
    ('content.collections.options', 'Manage collection options', 99);
Michael Wilkinson

Registered Developer

Sorted, that did it. Thanks very much Drew. Have applied it to the other sites too.

Cheers.