Forum

Thread tagged as: Forms

Testing Akismet on a Perch Form

I have a way (from Akismet) of testing a Perch Form to see if Akismet is flagging a completed form as spam. Perch Debug is switched on and is telling me that my test is not being detected as spam by Akismet. The people at Akismet tell me I need to put this specific value into the field that they called 'comment_author'.

My form has a First Name and Last Name, plus several other fields to complete. How can I tell, or how can I ensure, that I get this test value into the field that's returned to Akismet as 'comment_author'?

Thanks, Graham

Graham Street

Graham Street 17 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Is the field you've designated with antispam="name"

Got it - I should try reading the documentation!! - https://docs.grabaperch.com/docs/blog/spam/

I've moved from just using a honeypot and didn't re-read the Akismet info. On it now!! Sorry.

Yes, of course it worked. Sorry for getting that wrong. I did see the error below in debug on the site's contact page if its important. There is no URL field in the form on the website I'm testing so that might explain it.

Array
(
    [type] => 8
    [message] => Undefined index: url
    [file] => /home/xxxxx/public_html/perch/addons/apps/perch_forms/PerchForms_Akismet.class.php
    [line] => 48
)