Forum

Thread tagged as: Suggestions, Forms

Forms add-on - email template

Hi,

Your forms add-on could use a little change. All my customer would like to receive the form data in an e-mail. But the e-mail from the forms app, only is text based. I manually changed the perch forms_form.class.php file, and added some lines of code to make the message html and created a table for the data. also I needed to enable an html e-mail in the perchemail.class.php, so added a function to set $html to true.

Is this something that could be added in a new update of the forms add-on and the e-mail class?

Or is there already something like this?

Another thing is, that (I know it is seen as spam) one of the customers would like to have the person who fills out the form, with email and name is set as reply-to address, so they can reply to the e-mail.

Kind regards,

Patrick Swaab

Patrick Swaab

Patrick Swaab 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Hey Patrick, I am currently encountering the same issue. I have the found the files where you added the lines of code but am unsure what lines you added and where in the documents. Is it possible to explain which lines you added to the documents?

Kind regards,

Quincy Norbert

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

There is an update the the Forms App that will be out soon that implements this. Please remember that we can't offer support if you have modified our code (as it isn't our code anymore!)

Hi Rachel, I am definitely aware of that, but thought of this for a temporary solution. :) Hope the update will be there very soon.

Thanks for the quick replies!