Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Installation

Upgrade error message

Hi, I'm doing an upgrade to the latest (2.5.4) version from a 2.x version.

I have deleted the perch/core folder and uploaded the latest version (this is to a staging post).

I have received the following message (below) when trying to log in to perch.

Any ideas anyone?

It seems to imply i need to give my user 'drop' privileges. However I have not done this before.

Cheers - Mark

Software Update The following error occurred: RENAME TABLE perch2_content_resources TO perch2_resource_log SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1142 DROP command denied to user 'dasolcou_tlcu8'@'localhost' for table 'perch2_content_resources' The following error occurred: ALTER TABLE perch2_resource_log DROP PRIMARY KEY SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1075 Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key Contact us if you are unsure how to resolve these problems, or accept these errors and continue.

mark buckley

mark buckley 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Yes, it looks like you need DROP privileges (although RENAME should do if that's an option).

Thanks, there as no 'rename' option so i added the 'drop' privilege.

Now the message i get is as below. Looks a little more benign to me.

OK to 'accept and continue' do you think?

Cheers - Mark

Software Update The following error occurred: RENAME TABLE perch2_content_resources TO perch2_resource_log SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table 'perch2_resource_log' already exists The following error occurred: ALTER TABLE perch2_resource_log DROP PRIMARY KEY SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1075 Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key Contact us if you are unsure how to resolve these problems, or accept these errors and continue.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Can you see the perch2_resource_log table in your database? How about perch2_content_resources ?

I have to fess up and admit to clicking on 'accept these errors and continue' due to time pressures. (so far all seems OK).

However I have taken a look and, yes, I can see both those tables. The first has 74 rows, the second is empty.

Am I in the clear do you think or does doom and despondency lie ahead?

Does anyone know whether this is likely to have caused an issue for me?

Cheers - Mark

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

You should be fine as long as perch2_resource_log has data in it.

Great, thanks!