Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Configuration

Cannot remove Perch branding

Hi, I am not able to remove the Perch branding.

I mark the checkbox to remove, save, but nothing changes.

Please let me know how to do this so that it can flow with the site :)

Cheers

B A

B A 0 points

• 7 years ago

I noticed that in the most recent release as well, and ended up just hiding the perch branding along with other ui modifications in a css file.

B A

B A 0 points

Cheers for the reply, Gary. I thought about either that, or replacing the logo & link with my own, but was hoping for a more permanent fix.

Not to mention, my CSS is already running bloated haha :D

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Can you clarify what you're comparing?

You'll need to upload your own logo to replace the default Perch logo (from the same settings page) but otherwise mentions of Perch in the footer, on the login page, in the page titles etc should be gone.

B A

B A 0 points

In the admin page, where you can select to remove Perch Branding, it doesn't work for me.

It did work on the first install, while testing, before deployment.

Same VPS, same file permissions. Did nothing different than the first go around.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Can you clarify what you're seeing?

Do other settings work? e.g. can you upload a logo and change the header colour?

B A

B A 0 points

I can't change the option for background colour, but I've been working just fine in all other areas.

Would it simplify things if I gave you my user name & pw?

B A

B A 0 points

** correction, head colour scheme

Odd thing is, hide branding IS selected at present. But, I still see the little tweet.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Can you turn debug on and let me know what it outputs at the bottom of the page after saving settings?

https://docs.grabaperch.com/docs/installing-perch/configuration/debug/