Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error

Form entries not display in CMS (possible bug)

Hi,

I have an issue with form entries not appearing in my CMS.

The forms work fine on my local (Windows 8.1) environment, when I view in the CMS the form entries are present including all the relevant fields.

However when I upload the site and DB to my dev server, the form entries appear with dates only, no other information is present.

When I checkout the Perch debug output, there is an error on the dev server (this is not present on local), that reads

Array ( [type] => 2 [message] => file_get_contents(/var/www/v*****a/perch\templates\content\contact_main_form.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory [file] => /var/www/v*****a/perch/core/lib/api/PerchAPI_SubmittedForm.class.php [line] => 401 )

contact_main_form.html is a form template and is referenced by a region in my page.

As you can see there seems to be some kind of path issue, when I check the DB in the table perch2_forms, the templates for the forms all have back slashes in their paths.

So it seems that paths are not being converted correctly, or I am missing some config somewhere?

My Perch config looks like this:

<?php define('PERCH_LICENSE_KEY', '********');

define("PERCH_DB_USERNAME", '*****');
define("PERCH_DB_PASSWORD", '*****');
define("PERCH_DB_SERVER", "localhost");    
define("PERCH_DB_DATABASE", "******");
define("PERCH_DB_PREFIX", "perch2_");
define('PERCH_DEBUG', true);

define('PERCH_TZ', 'Europe/London');

define('PERCH_EMAIL_FROM', 'webmaster******');
define('PERCH_EMAIL_FROM_NAME', '******');

define('PERCH_LOGINPATH', '/perch');
define('PERCH_PATH', str_replace(DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'config', '', __DIR__));
define('PERCH_CORE', PERCH_PATH.DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'core');

define('PERCH_RESFILEPATH', PERCH_PATH . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'resources');
define('PERCH_RESPATH', PERCH_LOGINPATH . '/resources');

define('PERCH_HTML5', true);

?>

Lee Goodman

Lee Goodman 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

The perils of developing on Windows. Can you delete the form within the App and recreate it on the target OS?

Great!, thanks for the super quick response. - I didn't even think of trying that (doh - bit slow on a Monday). Yes it appears, I am a minority, when it comes to my choice of development environment. Thanks again :-)