Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Members

Members app number of users with a tag

hi!

I'm trying to retrieve the number of members that have a specific tag, is that possible? And by the way, is it also possible to know how much users have their account pending?

I'm trying to get those numbers to then show them in a private area, that only approved members have access.

thanks in advance

Gustavo Bica

Gustavo Bica 0 points

• 5 years ago

There isn't a function setup for that, but you could query the database for this information. Basically with a mini app.

Robert Ketter said:

There isn't a function setup for that, but you could query the database for this information. Basically with a mini app.

Thanks for the answer, could you provide me some base docs, so I could try that out? Or did you just follow the sample app provided here https://docs.grabaperch.com/api/sample-app/ ?

The sample app is the best way to learn how Perch API works. The sample app is a fully functional app which I found to be the perfect starting point when creating an app.

Your app will need to query the members tables, so its also good to take a close look at the members app, where you will see how it manages similar queries. Just make sure your app doesn't make changes to the tables of other apps which would break the app. Just querying the tables will not harm the tables, again don't make changes.

Thank you ;)