Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Blog

Adding Social Media Like/Share Buttons to Blog Posts

I'm wanting to add like/share buttons for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+ to my blog posts and while I have found some posts on the Perch website and elsewhere online that address specific aspects of this, I was wondering if anyone could point me to a resource that will most easily walk me through adding these buttons to my Perch blog posts or if Perch is soon to be rolling out an add on or integration that would make it easier for me to apply this much needed functionality to my blog posts?

Thanks so much!

Melanie Lenci

Melanie Lenci 0 points

• 7 years ago

Hey Melanie,

I've personally had great luck using ShareThis with Perch. Set up a (free) account, configure a few simple options, and drop the code into the post.html page. The networks you've mentioned are easily integrated, and there's a lot more beyond that as well.

There are a lot of similar services out there, but ShareThis has worked well for me. What about the other Perchers?

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Thanks, Rachel, but I had reviewed that page earlier and was looking for a clearer solution/explanation.

I had come across info on ShareThis when searching online earlier, so thanks so much Richard for verifying/confirming it's ease of integration - it worked perfectly!

I have just tried adding the code for both ShareThis and AddThis but can not get the buttons to show up. I have added the script just before the closing body tag and the inline code in the blog post template but nothing. Anyone had any issue like this as I need more than just Facebook Like buttons etc...

Cheers

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Sarah - this is a 2 year old post. So we can help you please start your own thread including your Diagnostics Report and code - thanks!