Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

Display purchased item(s) using perch_shop_order()

I am currently using a list/detail setup to display the full details of an order – the order detail page looks like this:

<?php
$order_id = perch_get('orderID');
perch_shop_order($order_id);
?>

Which uses a simple shop/orders/order.html template:

<table class="rtb-table">
  <thead>
    <tr>
      <th>Order ID</th>
      <th>Invoice #</th>
      <th>Date</th>
      <th>Total</th>
      <th>Status</th>
    </tr>
  </thead>
  <tbody>
    <td><perch:shop id="orderID" /></td>
    <td><perch:shop id="invoice_number" /></td>
    <td><perch:shop id="orderCreated" type="date" format="F d, Y @ g:ia" /></td>
    <td><perch:shop id="grand_total_formatted" /></td>
    <td style="text-transform: capitalize"><em><perch:shop id="orderStatus" /></em></td>

</tbody>
</table>

What I would like to do is display further details about the order – namely the items of the order. I can see this data is available to the template (doing a perch:showall) as an array with the id of "items".

Adding <perch:shop id="items" /> to the order.html template simply outputs "Array".

Is it possible to output the values from this array in a way to create a more detailed order receipt? I feel like this answer is a hint – it looks like it makes the items array accessible to the list output – but I can't seem to modify it for my needs (i.e., can't figure out how to output the array values into the template).

Thanks in advance!

Richard Terrick

Richard Terrick 3 points

• 3 years ago
Hussein Al Hammad

Hussein Al Hammad 105 points
Registered Developer

Hello Richard,

If you are using perch_shop_order(), you should be able to output a list of the ordered items with perch:orderitems tags:

<perch:orderitems>
<perch:orderitem id="sku" type="hidden" />
<perch:orderitem id="title" type="hidden" />
<perch:orderitem id="variant_desc" type="hidden" />
<perch:orderitem id="quantity" type="hidden" />
</perch:orderitems>

The forum post you mentioned is a solution to output the order details in the customer's orders list via perch_shop_orders()

Hi Hussein,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction – not sure how I missed that one, as it's right in the default shop/orders/items.html. Cheers!