Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Configuration

Can a user add subpages to a page where pages below it was not ticked?

Hi there,

Can a user decided to add a subpage after createing the top level page but not ticking 'this page will have pages below it'? At the moment the subpages appear nested in within the parent page from perch itself, but if you visit one of the pages the URL will look like a top level page as the folder for the parent was not created.

The main reason being is my client has decided to add a lot of dropdowns to pages where there were originally none planned and now I am faced with having to delete them all and start over.

Not sure if I am missing something obvious?

Mathew Doidge

Mathew Doidge 2 points

• 5 years ago

Just as a follow up. I noticed you could go into page options and input the subfolder directory.

So I created my directory and then used the page options to move the pages into the new folder. One thing I did notice though is that by default Perch isn't changing the path to the specificed template file. I had to go into each file and edit this manually. Not sure if this is just how it works or an unintended bug.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

You have to check the box to move the file if you want to move it and have Perch rewrite the master page include.

Hi Drew,

I did tick the box to move the file, which worked fine, although the include didn't seem to rewrite correctly. I ended up having to manually go in and edit them once they were all moved via Perch.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

That shouldn't happen. Did you change those two elements at once?

Hi Drew, Correct. I changed both the path and subpage folder dir at the same time

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok, that's something for me to test with.