Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Forms, Field-Types

Perch Forms - Upload Multiple Files

Hi,

So I've done some test of my form, and when set to "multiple" it seems to only store the 1st selected file to Perch. I assume there is no support for multiple files?

If there is a way to get things working, please let me know. If not, does Perch allow for multiple defined file uploads? E.g. 3 individual file upload fields with unique IDs? If so, I think that would suffice, as I want to allow a maximum of 3 files per upload.

Matthew Lymer

Matthew Lymer 1 points

• 3 years ago

Extra question:

Leading on from this, an alternative method I'm looking at is storing the uploads as base64. I'm happy with how to do this, but I wanted to check - is there a way to suppress an input field from being stored when the form is submitted?

As the form's file upload field would work as a dummy upload field, and whilst its data will be handled by some javascript, I don't want to bother collecting the input's data (seems like a waste).

Hussein Al Hammad

Hussein Al Hammad 105 points
Registered Developer

Hello Matthew,

So I've done some test of my form, and when set to "multiple" it seems to only store the 1st selected file to Perch.

Perch Forms doesn't support multiple file uploads from a single field.

If not, does Perch allow for multiple defined file uploads?

Yes, Perch Forms can handle multiple file fields. Each field should have a different ID.

is there a way to suppress an input field from being stored when the form is submitted?

As far as I'm aware, unless you set the "file upload path" in the form settings the uploaded files won't be stored.

Hi Hussein,

Thanks for the input. I think that should suffice for what I need. I was hoping to use a dummy field to then fill 3 hidden file fields, but research has show that that's not possible (as you can't edit the value of an input field, as it would be a breach of browser security).

Thanks!