Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Configuration

Some pages are not reflecting changes from Master template

I have noticed that some pages do not reflect the changes I made in Master. Is there a way to confirm or reassign master to the pages?

Benjamin Cortes

Benjamin Cortes 0 points

• 7 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

You'll need to give us a bit more detail. What changes are you making that do not show up? Are these pages set to reference the master template (rather than copy)?

I did not create the pages my client is creating the pages. I suspect he is not following all my instructions so I would like a way to force the page to inherit master template changes.

And by inherit changes I mean markup changes I have made to the HTML. I am also seeing some repeated regions with shared content not being carried into templates.

It's hard to know what he is doing on his end. Is there some way I can reapply the master?

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

You make the choice when setting up the master template - at that point ALL pages created with either reference or copy.

What is it set to?

If you have set it to copy then the pages will not show changes to the HTML, as they are a copy and therefore disassociated from the master by design.

I have it set to "Reference this master page" hmm okay I'll just delete it and make a new one.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

If you can reproduce the issue then let us know step by step what is happening and then we can take a look.