Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Backup

Error with setting up Backup App "File 'backup/backup.sql' does not exist [code...

I'm having a similar issue to the one mentioned in this thread: https://support.grabaperch.com/index.php?pg=forums.posts&id=4607.

When I press the backup button within the backup app in the admin panel I get the error message "File 'backup/backup.sql' does not exist [code -4]".

I've verified with my host that backup directory is writable and confirmed that mysqldump is setup correclty. My host had me turn on FastCGI (5.3.27 FastCGI) to ensure that mysqldump was working.

The backup worked a couple times after adding blank text backup.sql file within the backup directory—similar to the advice in the above thread. However, it stopped working after that. I'm not seeing any PHP errors either.

Justin Kaiser

Justin Kaiser 0 points

• 7 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

There really isn't any way we can debug this as it is hosting specific. There is a whole host of reasons why mysqldump might just not work - none of which we have any control over.

If it doesn't work and your host can't help then you'll need to back up via your hosting control panel.