Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Error

Redirecting to login page everytime I try to login

Hi, I keep being redirected back to the login page when entering the correct username and password. The url has this funny ending...

?r=%2Fadmin%2Fcore%2Fapps%2Fcontent%2F

I couldn't find any solutions with my hosting company and have removed the .htaccess I did have in place just incase it was affecting something.

David Henderson

David Henderson 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Do you get any errors in your PHP error log? It looks like PHP sessions might not be working.

No errors whatsoever so i'm a bit stuck! Any ideas for troubleshooting?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

You're being logged in and then immediately logged out, so it does look like a session problem.

Is it working on your dev server?

Yes, it's doing the same thing - is there something I need to clear in the db perhaps?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Sorry, it is working or is it doing the same thing?

Sorry, yes it's doing the same thing on the dev server (localhost)

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Do you have any rewrite rules in place? If so, what happens if you disable them temporarily?

I have completely removed my .htaccess, completely cleared the cache and went incognito mode in chrome, all to no avail.

If I sent you over FTP & DB details would you mind taking a look?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Not under free support, no. If you need us to take a look at it you can hire us to do so. https://grabaperch.com/consultancy

No probs Drew,

So no other ideas on this one then?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

When did this start?

Okay so I finally resolved the problem.

I have no idea how, but the last 4 columns of the users table went missing:

userPasswordToken userPasswordTokenExpires userLastFailedLogin userFailedLoginAttempts

So I just recreated them based on another perch site I had and it let me login - who knows, this might be useful for someone else!