Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Blog

Changing the layout of my blog post in post in list

I'd like to change the layout of my blog posts. They're currently pulled into the homepage and the blog page. The homepage has a different layout and so does the blog page. I was wondering what happens to the thumbnails in my current layout? Because they are considerably smaller than the ones in my new layout. is there a way to ensure they don't pixellate/ distort? Or would it simply be a question of changing the layout and reuploading the thumbnails?

Chima Nwosu

Chima Nwosu 0 points

• 7 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

The template is under your control so you can have anything in there that you want. Take a look at the video here:

https://docs.grabaperch.com/video/tutorials/swift/blog-homepage/

Any image sizes need to be added to your main post.html and then an image at the correct size will be generated for use.

Thanks for your response Rachel, I've got my blog up and running already so i've gone through that bit. I'm just wondering whether my images will be scaled up and lose quality when i upload my new code. For example, currently my thumbnails are 100 x 80, on my new layout the thumbnails will be 300 x 200. Would i need to reupload the thumbnails or will perch resize the images without distortion?

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Images are processed at edit time so you would need to reupload images.

We never upscale anything as it isn't possible to upscale without losing quality we can't add some pixels :) We only ever reduce or crop if you have asked for that in your templates. If you upload a smaller image it will stay at that size.