Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Suggestions

Best way to find links in texts inside pages?

I have a customer who keeps wanting to rename pages, despite my guidance on how this could affect Google's indexing of them. Until the site was Perch, I could just run a local search through the site code and find links to the page about to be renamed, make the changes and then set up a '301 redirect' in '.htaccess' to cover bookmarks and search engines.

Now the site is Perch, many of those links are inside 'text blocks' that have been edited in Textile. Short of manually checking each page in a browser, what's the suggested way of searching for 'old-name-page.php' in the Perch setup?

If the best way I'm happy to do this with phpMyAdmin, but what tables should I limit the search to? Or is there a better way to identify the pages/regions needing to be edited.

Thanks, Graham

Graham Street

Graham Street 17 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

If you're putting a redirect in place, do you need to update the links at all? Surely they'll still end up at the right place.

Well, that's true I suppose. I just like being tidy for when the pages get renamed again (voice of experience with this customer). Are there specific tables that are best to search in Perch if I decide to go ahead?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

perch2_content_items and perch2_content_index would be the main ones.