Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Configuration

SQL errors

One of my site has come up with two errors once I log in..

Error one: Drop Index 'idx_uni' on 'Perch2_resource_log'

Error Two: Alter Ignore Table ' perch2_resource_log' Add unique index 'idx_uni' ('appID', 'itemFK', 'itemRowID', 'resourceID')

Please can you advise on what to do. I advent change or touched anything on this website in months

Timothy Rackham

Timothy Rackham 0 points

• 3 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

What does the full error say? Is the software up to date?

The following error occurred: DROP INDEX 'idx uni' ON 'perch2_resource_log' SQLSTATE[42000]: syntax error or access violation: 1091 can't DROP 'idx_uni'; check that column/key axists

The following error occurred: ALTER IGNORE TABLE 'perch2_resource_log' ADD UNIQUE INDEX 'idx_uni' ('appID', 'item.FK', 'itemROWIO', 'resourceIO') SQLSTATE[42000J: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySOL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IGNORE TABLE 'perch2_resource_log' ADD UNIOUB INDEX 'idx uni' ('appID', 'item.FK'' at line 1

Regarding updates this website was built last year have hasn't had any maintenance done in 6 months

Did the above help?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

If those are the only errors, I think it should probably be ok.

It won’t let me go any further past the errors page.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Which version was the site, and which version are updating to?

I believe it’s perch 2 but I can’t get any more exact right now. I wasn’t updating it. This just shows up when I log in to perch.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

If you've not changed anything it may be worth checking with your hosting company if anything has changed with the server.

If you view source on any control panel page, you may be able to see the version number at the end of any CSS link in the head of the page.

I have spoken to the hosting provider and they say that the website was migrated to a new sever.

How do I get past these errors?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

You may need to update to a newer version of Perch.