Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Forum

Perch Forms

Hi guys,

Sorry about the multiple posts but I want to keep my questions separate incase anyone else has the same 'issues' as me.

I am creating a contact form for the website I am working on, I want to allow general enquiries so therefore want to force a user to input an email address. I also however want to use the same form to allow users to submit complaints - this can obviously be done anonymously so will not require an email address as this could give away the identity of the person.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could solve this without having more than one form?

I know it sounds complicated but can I make certain fields required based on the value set in the Contact Type field? (i.e. if General Enquiry, require Email Address, or else do not require it)

Conor

Conor Harkins

Conor Harkins 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

For the server validation to work this will need to be two forms, not one.

Ok so we've decided this will have to be done over two forms...

My question now... Is it possible to have a drop down field appear at the top of the page showing options (General Enquiry, Complaint) and then based on the answer given either show the contact form or the complaint form?

I understand this isn't really a Perch related question but if anyone has any ideas... greatly appreciated.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Yes, I think you should be able to do that with some basic JavaScript.