Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Configuration, Redactor

Style Sheet with Redactor and Perch Integration

I have 2 questions:

1.) Do you know if there is a way for me to include my own style sheet that can be accessed via the menu bar in the Redactor editor so clients can use styles I set up for them?

2.) I have an existing website that is live and I want to convert it to Perch. Is there a way that I can seamlessly transition the content to Perch? The only thing that I have been able to come up with that is close is to add the Perch tags to all of the pages above the existing content. I then add the content from the website by pasting in the html into Redactor's code view. Next I edit my local copy in Dreamweaver by deleting the content outside of Perch and publish, then quickly go to the Perch CMS web page and click save. This way there is only a small amount of time that the content on the page is displayed twice, one instance from the perch database and one, the content that is in the page itself. I hope you understand what I am trying to explain. The website that I am needing to add this to is fairly large and gets lots of traffic so I would like to avoid anyone seeing duplicated content if at all possible.

Thanks ~

Michael Palmatier

Michael Palmatier 0 points

• 7 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Do you know if there is a way for me to include my own style sheet that can be accessed via the menu bar in the Redactor editor so clients can use styles I set up for them?

We just package Redactor for us with Perch so if there are any plugins like that then you should be able to implement them. I don't know of anything, but it may be that another Percher will.

I have an existing website that is live and I want to convert it to Perch. Is there a way that I can seamlessly transition the content to Perch? The only thing that I have been able to come up with that is close is to add the Perch tags to all of the pages above the existing content. I then add the content from the website by pasting in the html into Redactor's code view. Next I edit my local copy in Dreamweaver by deleting the content outside of Perch and publish, then quickly go to the Perch CMS web page and click save. This way there is only a small amount of time that the content on the page is displayed twice, one instance from the perch database and one, the content that is in the page itself. I hope you understand what I am trying to explain. The website that I am needing to add this to is fairly large and gets lots of traffic so I would like to avoid anyone seeing duplicated content if at all possible.

I wouldn't do that on a live site.

I would suggest setting up a staging version and getting Perch installed and all the content in place and then moving that to live as explained here: https://solutions.grabaperch.com/development/how-do-i-move-a-perch-site