Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Backup

Backup ... "In Progress"

When running backup, should a message that says "In Progress" be written each time the event is fired?

Every 15 minutes a new entry is written, and is up to 66 pages in total. If there are new assets to be backed up I get an "OK" message instead of "In Progress". I have a backup plan that include assets and database backup set for 24 hours. The backup event fires every 15 minutes.

I'm running Perch Runway 2.8.10.

On the same virtual server, not a shared host, I run two domains – staging.sitename and www.sitename and use switch and case in config.php to point to different databases for the respective domains. The dev.sitename is on a different box. The schedule secret is common to the two domains. Don't think that's a cause but maybe. I restarted Apache and still get same In Progress messages every 15 minutes.

Here are two screen shots of the backup and schedule tasks

backup task image

schedule task image

And summary info

SUMMARY INFORMATION

Perch Runway: 2.8.10, PHP: 5.4.42, MySQL: 5.1.59, with PDO
Server OS: Linux, apache2handler
Installed apps: content (2.8.10), assets (2.8.10), categories (2.8.10), collection_4 (2.8.10), perch_events (1.9.2), collection_1 (2.8.10), collection_6 (2.8.10), collection_5 (2.8.10), perch_podcasts (1.1)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_events', 'perch_podcasts', ); ?>
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
PERCH_PATH: /var/www/domains/ioes/html/perch
PERCH_CORE: /var/www/domains/ioes/html/perch/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /var/www/domains/ioes/html/perch/resources
Image manipulation: GD Imagick
PHP limits: Max upload 250M, Max POST 250M, Memory: 256M, Total max file upload: 250M
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: www.environment.ucla.edu
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /var/www/domains/ioes/html
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Scott Gruber

Scott Gruber 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

In your config, do you have a default case that applies when cron runs? (i.e. when there's no host name)

Yes, I think so. I'll check for types and variations between single/double quotes or typos. Markdown coloring for code appears something may be astray that I did. Looks something like this.

case('staging.environment.ucla.edu') :
    define("PERCH_DB_USERNAME", '*****');
    define("PERCH_DB_PASSWORD", '*****');
    define("PERCH_DB_SERVER", "******");
    define("PERCH_DB_DATABASE", "*****");
    define("PERCH_DB_PREFIX", "****");
    define('PERCH_SITEPATH', '*****');
  break;  

default :  
    define("PERCH_DB_USERNAME", '*****');
    define("PERCH_DB_PASSWORD", '*****');
    define("PERCH_DB_SERVER", "******");
    define("PERCH_DB_DATABASE", "*****");
    define("PERCH_DB_PREFIX", "*****");
    define('PERCH_SITEPATH', '******');
  break;
}

define('PERCH_SCHEDULE_SECRET', "*********");
Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok, that seems fine. Where is it backing up to?

To my Dropbox account.

backup screen

scheduled tasks

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Hmm, it looks to me like it's getting stuck in a loop on some file that can't be backed up - would you agree?

Makes sense.

Database file copies over fine to dropbox.

I took a look at the dropbox backup folder and noticed that zip, pptx and docx files that were uploaded and work fine within Perch seem to have not been copied to the dropbox backup folder.

Are there any restrictions on file size and file type that can be used with the dropbox app? Or an error log that might be available?

I'll keep investigating and post info here soon.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

There shouldn't be any restrictions. It's that zero-size file that is concerning me. Does it show up in Assets?

Follow up note that backup is working properly. Although I haven't yet been able to replicate it, I did a few things like cleaning up file permissions and ownership that may have done the trick.