Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Installation

Can't get past Setup Screen

I setup perch for my own site on my local server last week without any problems, however I have now purchased for a client site and am trying to set up (again on my localhost) but I can't seem to get past the successful installation and setup screen.

If I delete the setup folder I just get the error that setup can't be found and if I leave it in place I just get taken back to the setup page each time I try to go to the perch login.

I can't see this being a problem with sessions as this is on my localhost (using MAMP) and I don't have a problem with any of my other sites on my localhost when using sessions and as I say my own site set up without a hitch.

The config file looks all fine and dandy as well so I am at a loss as to what is causing the system to send me back to the setup page each time I try and go to the login???

Emma Davis

Emma Davis 0 points

• 7 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Are the Perch tables created in your database?

Does your config file look correct with all of the information in it to connect to the database? The most likely reason is that your config file has not been written to. If you have two sites then compare the config files.

Thanks for the reply Rachel. Yes everything was set up as expected and I have now resolved by clearing all cookies for localhost :)