Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Suggestions, Discussion

Sugesstions and questions for the Assets feature...

I love the new assets feature but I would love to see a couple things in its future development.

First, it would be great to get some more information about each individual image in the default asset window. Right now I just see the thumbnail and the Image Title. It would be great if there were also a library icon for items that are library assets and maybe the asset size (in pixels dimensions for images).

And maybe on hover if the additional tags and bucket info were shown somehow...

Then if there were an "edit in list' type feature, available from the thumbnail of the asset... that might allow you to add a keyword or change a title..., delete the asset, etc. With a bunch of assets, it's a lot of mouse clicking to simply add tags to existing assets. Further, if you're on a perch record and you invoke the assets slide out panel and notice something you would like to edit about an existing asset, you have to exit out of the current perch edit, go to the asset tab, re-find the asset, and then go in and make your edit.

It just seems that because it's only four fields to worry about, it would be great to both make the data more accessible, and, because there's potentially quite a few asset records, editing in a list environment, would really be nice.

Finally, on the slide out panel, it would be great to see a drop-down similar to the By Asset Type for Tags.

A couple questions or maybe bugs about the assets feature.

Will the gallery app have access to asset records?

I think there might be a bug in the auto-expanding display of the asset records...

If I click 'Select or upload an image" The panel slides out and shows me 24 records. If I try to scroll to see more asset records, I can't. I seem to have to reload the browser window to make more than the first 24 images to show up. If I don't do that, there's no way to see or have any indications that there are additional records.

As discussed on another thread, there might be an issue with library asset thumbnails that disappear and make it appear that the asset image has been deleted or removed.

Thank you, Drew and Rachel. As always, you're building and managing this wonderful 'asset' beautifully.

Monty Lewis

Monty Lewis 2 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

This is just the first version of a rather big feature. More enhancements are planned.

I understand. Just wanted to share my thoughts.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Yes, thanks - and most align with what we have planned.