Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Shop

Account only customers order status

Hi When my customer checks out with the manual cart, e.g. no payment gateway. The order status automatically says 'Payed'.
Can I change this somewhere to automatically use 'Created' instead?

William Chicken

William Chicken 1 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Yes, you can set it in the options for perch_shop_checkout()

'status' => 'created'

Hi Using that now effects my order success. e.g...

<?php
  if (perch_shop_order_successful()) {
      echo '<h1>Thank you for your order!</h1>';
    }else{
      echo '<h1>Sorry!</h1>';
    }
?>

Results in 'Sorry'

Is there something I can change here?

Hi William

I have added a new status to apply to manual orders - manual - unpaid. You can add new ones in the Shop interface in Perch. Hope this helps

Mike

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

If the order is only created then it's not successful. The 'created' status doesn't give any indication that the order has been through checkout at all.

Hi Mike
Thanks, I didn't notice you could do that. I have tried it but it's still returning the unsuccessful message. How do I make it true?

Hi Drew
What should I use to send the order to perch if not the checkout? Excuse me if I'm missing something glaringly obvious.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

The 'created' status is the default state for an order when it is created, before it's been paid for. perch_shop_order_successful() will return false because 'created' is not a successful state.

You'll not be able to tell the difference between a completed and an abandoned order.

That said, with the manual gateway, I can't think of a scenario where you'd need to test perch_shop_order_successful().

Ah, ok. Then I suppose my question is how to display the order details in my result page without using

perch_shop_order_items(
            perch_shop_successful_order_id()
        );

Is there an alternative?

Unless I just take them to their account page where I have a list of all past orders.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

You need to give a status of 100 or more.

Thanks both. I have a working model now )

Hi William, I'm having the same issue you did it seems. Looks like you got it working, any chance you could share the code snippets?