Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Addons

Shopping basket without payments? Perch Shop

Hi, I've had funny request from a new client.

Basically what they want is a feature on their new site whereby products can be added to a basket and then the basket contents emailed to the client so they can price it up, with license agreements.

Basically like adding a load of products to build a custom quote from, there would be no prices, no payment

Is this something I could do with Perch, or an app... or even something the beta shop could do. It seems to be in essence a shop, but without payment and the basket contents being emailed.

This is a site I'd hoped to build with Perch before this addition came along so I'd be grateful if you could let me know or have any suggestions.

Nik

Nik Gill

Nik Gill 1 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

We have had someone else ask for checkout without payment in the new Shop, so it's something we're looking into. So that could be a possibility.

You'd have to set all the products up with a price etc, even though you may never display it to the customer. There are certain fields that an ecommerce app expects to exist - so if you're repurposing it there will be the odd compromise here and there.

Yeah, that's the kind of thing.. I don't think there'd be an issue about adding any pricing in there as long as the customer doesn't see it as most of the products are leased under a licensing agreement rather than actually bought.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I think you should be ok to build it with the new Shop app in that case.