Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Blog

Ajax breaks in 4.1 Blog

Hi I'm upgrading my blog to 4.1. The ajax scripts which used to import the posts now breaks. There are numerous perch:blog custom fields in the old templates which have been maintained in the new templates. There are also redundant fields which are being removed in the process.

So the mySQL tables will have mixes of old and new template references. I'm assuming that the working process would involve re-editing each post with the new edit template so the rows in the post table are all updated with old perch:blog custom fields removed etc....

Correct me if i'm wrong. Ajax will pull the entire row associated with each post and populate the DOM with matching content based upon the perch:blog id.... passing over non matching data in the case of custom display templates.

I'm running into to many bugs in this process and would appreciate some tips on rewriting the blog functions. script was using a count+= function to call the next post and bugged - reviewing the mySQL revealed Perch wrote 1, 2, 3, 5 in the post count field???

Whew sorry this has been so long winded but i think that there are too many battles in getting this updated.

ian hobbs

ian hobbs 1 points

• 7 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

I'm not sure what you mean about Ajax, this is some code you have written? If so we need to see your code.

Yes i wrote it ... and I broke it. All good now. Thanks