Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Error

Call to undefined method PerchUtil::get_client_ip() error on admin login

Hello on logging into a clients backend system I received this error this morning :

Fatal error: Call to undefined method PerchUtil::get_client_ip() in /home/churchforyou/churchforyou.org/admin/core/lib/PerchAuthenticatedUser.class.php on line 103

As I didn't build it I'm unsure to as what version of Perch it may be. I have also had a look at server error logs of which there is none.

Would anyone know what would be causing this issue?

Kind Regards,

David.

David Henderson

David Henderson 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Looks like you're getting an authentication failure if you're hitting that point in the code.

I can only think that error could arise from a botched update with only some files being updated to a newer version. That could happen if someone deployed with FTP or something like that.

This is Perch 2, so probably the best step is to download the current version and perform an update on the site.

Hi Drew,

I've currently done an update on the site (replacing the core files with the latest downloaded ones) and the error is still occurring on login.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Do you get logged in?

Does the server pass the compatibility test?

I don't get logged in at all when I hit login that error appears when its successful and nothing else.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Are you on PHP 5.3 or higher?

Im running on PHP Version 5.4.42

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

That should be fine then.

When did the site stop working?