Forum

Thread tagged as: Addons, Discussion

Assets - Self cleaning turn off

I am writing instructions for a client on how to manage their images using the Assets App and it got me thinking about the 'self cleaning' side of Perch.

Now that the images can be managed using the Assets app, and images can be manually deleted, is the 'self cleaning' function a bit confusing and frustrating for the end user?

I feel that the 'Mark as a library asset' button should be the default for all uploaded images so clients can manage what's deleted themselves. Or maybe a user option to not self clean?

On a side note if uploading multiple images though a region, there is no way to 'Mark as Asset' so I then have to go though and make each one individually which is tedious when adding 10+ images.

James Tedder

James Tedder 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Learn something new every day!

As you know from a request I made earlier, I agree with the idea that Mark as Library Asset should be the default.

I now see that this appears to be possible, but how, specifically, do I achieve 'Mark as a library asset' button as the default?

The only config file I seem to have is empty.

Thanks

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Set:

define('PERCH_CLEAN_RESOURCES', false);

Thanks.

Just checking: Do I add this to the currently empty config.php file found in the config folder?

You will need to download the Config file off your server and replace your local file. Your local file will be blank.

Then add the line Drew posted above.

Thanks.

The config file on my server (inside the config folder along with apps.php. feather.php and filetypes.php) is also empty. Is this what you would expect?

I'm nervous about making a mistake here and screwing up badly.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

No, that's not what I'd expect. Double check what you're doing. If the config.php is empty, Perch won't run.

OK, I was looking at the config file from the 2.6 update by mistake.

I see the correct file now.

Thanks for your patience.

Maybe adding this non purge line will fix the disappearing Assets thumbnail issue myself and another user experience and can repeat