Forum

Thread tagged as: Shop

Perch Shop - Multiple Admin Emails

I've been experiencing problems receiving email confirmations for orders created via Perch Shop.

I've managed to narrow the issue down to the fact that:

• When I add more than one admin email address to the Order Paid email template (via the admin) - no confirmation emails are sent after an order is created
  • When I add only one admin email address for the Order Paid email template (via the admin) - confirmation emails are sent successfully after an order is created (both to the customer and to the admin)

When adding multiple email addresses, I've tried adding them with spaces, comma separated, comma with space, no love.

Is this an intentional limitation of the system, that I can only have one admin email address?

Hamish Irving

Hamish Irving 1 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I think you're imagining features that don't exist. What's led you to believe that this is possible?

That which is possible? Adding an admin email address to order emails?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18570019/perch-admin.png

Hussein Al Hammad

Hussein Al Hammad 105 points
Registered Developer

Hello Hamish,

I believe you can only add one email address to the field. The label of the field is in singular form after all.

What are you trying to achieve? Having the Order emails sent to multiple admin addresses? Since you can only add one admin address in Perch, why not set your email client to automatically forward the Order emails to the other admin address?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Yes, I'm not sure that's a feature we've ever advertised. I don't believe it exists.

Ok so the answer to my original question is yes. Its not a hard stretch to assume that if an email address field can be populated with one email, it can be populated with many, but it appears that is not the case.

The fact that adding multiples addresses stops ANY emails from being sent is a concern (including to the customer), it could be messaged better or you could have validation on the admin email field.

Thanks for confirming.