Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Add-on-development, PayPal

Create a booking system

i was wondering whether there would be a way that I could build a booking system into my perch site.

Say a course is running with 10 places available and they can buy a place on this course.

John Robinson

John Robinson 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

The two Shop apps have inventory management.

thats great would there be a way of making one product/course available of particular dates? selectable from a calendar?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

You could possibly use the Events app for the calendar.

Thanks for the help i will look into this, so is it the possible to link these two apps together?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

What sort of linking did you have in mind?

If i had events in the calendar, i would want to be able to sell places to these events (so they are coursesa and they may be 10 places available)

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

You'd probably need to add a reference for the product to the event entry - but then you could output them together.

I am not sure how would i do this?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Just add a field to the event. Put the product ID or slug into it.

As this post is 2 years old, and the Perch Shop is now much better than it once was, I wondered how one would going about a booking system nowadays?

In my example, I have an item to be "booked out" by users on specific dates/times (obviously the item will then be unavailable during these times). I just wondered what is the best way to pull this "booking" data from the website users? Via the shop? Or possibly via a form?

If neither is straightforward, I may just look to use events and combine this with some custom PHP/SQL "booking" scripts.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Angie - please start a new thread. This thread refers to the old shop apps, and is two years old, the OP probably doesn't want notification of updates to a two year old thread :)