Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Configuration, Shop

Restrict Perch Shipping County

I've created a shipping method with a zone consisting of just the UK, but the customer can still select a county outside of that zone as their shipping address.

Do I have to disable all the countries as well? Is this a little counter-intuitive? Will I have to go through all 11 pages of countries?

Toby Martin

Toby Martin 1 points

• 4 years ago

Yes you will need to disable the countries that you don't want to show up. It's easier to do in the database at the moment. A select all/none checkbox would certainly be handy ;)

I don't think it's counterintuitive though. Perch can't be sure of which countries might be in a zone or what your shipping options might be.

Jon

Hey Jon

Yes a select all would be good : )

I don't think it's counterintuitive though. Perch can't be sure of which countries might be in a zone or what your shipping options might be.

Perch can be sure though because you specify in the Zone configuration which countries are applicable. Or am misunderanding the logic here?

Toby

Hi Toby

One reason I guess is that you can set a catch all zone without selecting any countries. I've used this to mirror Royal Mail's zone set up.

Jon